About

My name is Josianne Fitzgerald. I am a teacher librarian, currently working at an international school in Cairo, Egypt, since 2014. I’ve been an international educator since 1997. I’ve been an elementary school librarian for most of my professional library life, and a secondary school librarian since August 2018.

My favorite part of being a librarian is connecting people with information, be it for academic purposes or personal inquiries. I enjoy collaborating with teachers in the teaching and promotion of information literacy skills, and I believe that as a librarian, my most important role is that of a teacher guiding patrons to the highest quality information we can access.

The title of this blog is “Always Unfolding.” It’s actually two words out of a longer quote by Jon Meacham about faith, and how it should always be examined. I’ve always thought that as one develops as a teacher one is always about uncovering the next layer, and so “always unfolding” resonated with me when I looked for a name for this blog. Here’s to unfolding many more layers!

Header image Photo by Min An from Pexels